Thursday, April 29, 2010

This Little Piggy Went to CrossFit





Wednesday, 04/28/2010 W.O.D.

Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3


My Loads: 115 - 125 - 135 - 145 - 155 (2) BASELINE
(What does "baseline" mean again?)

David suggested I start at 115 because I had absolutely no clue where I should begin.  The idea is that you do a front squat lifting an amount of weight three times in a row.  Then, you re-rack the bar and increase the weight bit by bit continuing through 5 rounds of 3 lifts.  David said, "You might want to try this without your shoes."  So, sock footed, 115 felt fine.  125 was cool.  135 immediately felt like, "Oh shit, how am I ever going to lift this?!"  145 drew some deep grunting noises out of me.  155 was a challenge and on the third/last attempt I failed.  David said I would have had it if I weren't gripping the bar so tight but had let it rest on my fingers/fingertips.  Dang it.  Really cool was the two or three times David told me how well I did with this WOD.  Still cooler was my ignorance over exactly how well.  Coolest of all cools - *beating Rob.

*Disclaimer:  This gloat will be short lived.  Personal comparison to Rob's performance in any category, be it English literature analysis, CrossFit training or ale consuming, will be in vain.  One must gloat where one can for one may never see it in this lifetime [or the next] again.


My family now rolls their eyes when I start a sentence with "David said..."  They say it reminds them of "Rob said..."  I roll my eyes back and say, "Whatever."  This morning, I said, "Look at my cool lifting bruises on my shoulders!"



1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work Dione. I think from the looks of the heavy weights that you are doing your going to love from now on "lifting heavy shit" !!!
    Keep rocking it. The paleo will make you stronger and leaner and I can only imagine what your numbers will be the next time you do this WOD!

    ReplyDelete