Monday, May 3, 2010

Who are these Super Humans?



Todays W.O.D.


New England Sectional Event 1

Run 800 meters

30 Snatches (115/75)

Run 800 meters



I guess it is my turn to suck.  I ran the first 800m, kind of.  I'm not running four days per week like I used to so my running stamina (i.e., lung endurance) is down.  So yeah, that took me way too long.  Then, I snatched 45# for 30 reps.  Well, I don't know how many actually were a snatch but I think I'm beginning to feel the form.  That's the thing with me and forms...I have to feel them instead of over think them.  My lungs were f-ing with me, as usual, so I rowed the second 800m.  I started at like a 2:06 pace and ended somewhere between 2:25 and 2:30.  This felt good but I beat myself up so immediately embraced the guilt of not running the second 800m.  However, when I stopped by the grocery store on the way home and noticed my still beat red face and ears, I was thankful that I didn't hurt myself with the run.  I have this fear of experiencing an asthma attack when I'm not near my trainer or others that I am working out with.  I guess I need to work on that.

The results:  16 minutes and 13 seconds at 45# snatches and running the first 800m while rowing the last 800m.  

I feel really slow and inadequate right now.

1 comment:

  1. Not everyday can be your best day, but as long as your there giving it your all then I'm proud of you. There are days I dominate a WOD and other days where that WOD dominates me. As long as we try and learn from it, it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete